What would you do if your favorite relative mailed you $1000 cash and instructions to buy a plane ticket? (You’d be incredibly excited–that’s what!) Well, that’s what happens to Ginny when her “runaway aunt” Peg sends her off on a spectacular trip that is part scavenger hunt, part personal growth vacation.
When we’re not reading Pretty Little Liars books, we’re on the hunt for other books that offer an equally amazing escape, and 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson does exactly that. In fact, it even has some things in common with P-to-the-double-L:
- Ginny is likable and hilarious with her peculiar insights. (She’s an artsy gal too—she and Aria have tons in common.)
- Adventure, mystery, intrigue—no such thing as a dull moment in this book. (No murders though!)
- What’s a big trip without some romance? (Wait until you get to the part when Ginny meets a bloke named Keith! It’s like a reversed Hanna/Lucas moment.)
- It’s “P.S. I Love You” meets “What a Girl Wants” which is basically a recipe for AWESOME. (A girl living it up just like our Liars!)
- It’s a whirlwind trip around the world–New York, London, Edinburgh, Rome, you name it. (We think the Liars would be majorly jealous of Ginny’s travels–by now they’ve gotta be itching to leave Rosewood and take a break from A!)
Have you read 13 Little Blue Envelopes yet? Tell us what you look for in a great weekend read!